mercredi 4 juillet 2012

Tilff (Belgium)

Tilff is a pictoresque village not far from Liège in the French-speaking part of Belgium. It is located on the banks of the Ourthe River. We dined at Le Canotier - a popular restaurant amongst locals and visitors and visitors alike. I chose the boulets à la liegoise (pork and beef meatballs with sirop à Liège and raisins) followed by café liégois. The boulets, sauce and accompanying salade and chips (it is Belgium) were all excellent. Tasty and not too heavy or fatty. I expected the café liégois to be coffee flavoured ice-cream with cream but instead it was thick icy cold drink that I think included coffee, ice-cream and cream. Definitely not low-fat.

Ourthe River, Tilff




Le Canotier Tilff
4, place du Roi Albert
4130 Tilff Belgium

2 commentaires:

  1. I remember having a café liégeois in Liège but can't for the life of me remember what it was like (about 10 years ago I'd say). Looks like Tilff is a pretty little place.

    RépondreSupprimer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...