dimanche 12 février 2012

Use a pillowcase or plastic bag to dry lettuce

I know nothing about cooking. Even assembling a few ingredients to make a sandwich has no appeal to me. Food shopping is tedious unless I am in France. On the other hand, I am fascinated by others using their skills to make what I find boring and difficult look interesting and easy. I marvel at their expertise. Here however is a tip that I have never come across before. Thanks to Lifehacker Australia for alerting me.


If you don't have a salad spinner place the lettuce in a pillowcase or in a plastic bag with paper towel. Close up and then swing around to dry. The video from Chow.com shows the technique. I am not sure that this method would work in a small Parisian apartment nor in a crowded commercial kitchen. The salad spinner option would be much less risky.

CHOW Tip: How to Dry Salad Without a Salad Spinner

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...